Unless there are people on the way I don't know about, we do not have anyone scheduled for the Solyntjes B&B this week. That means it's quiet here, except for the sound of paint brushes/rollers. Gene is finally able to get his den painted in the garage and will be able to start putting things away in that room. And I have plans to get the master bathroom painted...toasted apricot! First have to put the primer on and cover up all the sample shades I painted on those walls.
Our friend, Rod, arrived Saturday afternoon from North Dakota, but only stayed overnight as he had to be in Phoenix on Sunday for a family gathering. We though he was staying for a few days. But he'll be back in April on his was north to be back on the rach for calving season which, I guess, is early May. So his visit was fun but all too short.
We had more snow..anywhere from 3-9 inches depending on where you live. It's pretty much all gone now and the level of water in our tanks went up a bit from the melting snow. Yeah!!
Been working on the Northwoods quilt and have the binding about 2/3 done...should be able to finish that by tomorrow - can get a lot done tonight as i watch my favorite TV show - The Bachelor - yeah, it's tacky and stupid but a good escape.
Started a new blog for my bread adventures - I'm taking pictures in each lab session and posting them there... enjoying the class a lot..great group of students and the prof is wonderful. Today we used lard and baker's ammonia!! Two ingredients that one normally does not have sitting around. Check out the link - Back to Basics - Bread
Off now to make tea and wait for my neighbor who is coming over with music for choir on Wed night. I've been drafted to "tickle the ivories' as accompanist this week so need to get practicing! Anyway, told her I had brought some Lemon Sweet Crackers home from class today so we can have tea and crackers. Might even get out a real teapot and china cups! Cheerio!!
'ti

Hey! Fix that bread blog so's 'anonymous' can post, please? Did I ever tell you that I, Pioneer Woman of Yamhill, Oregon that I am, rendered my own leaf lard a couple of years ago??! And yes, it does indeed make a wonderful pie crust. Where in the heck does one buy passion fruit with which to make curd? Juice, maybe? We fell in love with "Lilikoi (passionfruit) Butter" in Kona awhile back.
ReplyDelete~K