Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

75 Degrees and Sunny

Looks like spring has arrived here...although "they" are predicting a wee bit 'o snow and rain on Thursday and Friday. Today 75 and sunny...but also with those high winds again. Amazing how we can have had so much snow and now it's so dry. Folks who know say we should have wonderful spring flowers...looking forward to that. My tulips and daffodils and whatever else I planted way last year are coming up so it'll be fun to see if the bunnies get them before the flowers bloom.

The greenhouse is nearly done...just waiting for the last bit of plastic wrap to arrive and be installed. Today Gene and one of our neighbor guys put the doors on...check the link on the right of this page to see greenhouse pcitures... lots of greenhouse pictures...many, many greenhouse pictures... ok, so you don't have to look at all of them...I'll just keep adding to the album and one of these days there will be veggies and flowers growing in there. Gene is working on the beds today...he brought home a load of "mature horse poop" from another neighbor and it is fabulous stuff...so that'll go in along with organic soil (yes, Barb, it's going to be organic just for you). He's supposed to add it to my garden spaces too so I can get some peas and lettuce into the ground. 

Levi's been having a good time with all this going on....and for those who knew him when he was clean and white and groomed... well, let's just say he's having fun.  I'll probably have to pay a premium to get him cleaned up the next time.

I actually started and finished a quilt project this week...how great is that! It's a lovely table runner using a border print... our friends, Bob and Alice Forst, from New Ulm MN were here for a few days and since Alice is a quilter and quilt teacher she felt I needed a new project. So off to Threadbear we went and came home with this neat "vegetable' fabric and now I have a table runner. Even put the binding on it.... first thing I've worked on since finishing the Northwoods quilt. Wasn't sure when I'd get the urge to make anything... I was pretty burned out after making two large applique quilts in less than a year..needed some down time. But I might just start getting interested again. But right now I'm going outside to sit in the sun and get my daily dose of Vitamin D.

2 comments:

  1. Nice tablerunner, Linda, I love the fabric too. How about dyeing Levi grey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea... wonder if they have "Clairol for Dogs"...

    ReplyDelete