Even though it's still snowing here in northern NM, we are going ahead with the plans for the greenhouse raising on the 23rd. This is a project sponsored by NM State Univ and directed by Del Jimenez. Gene got involved in this last fall and went to Tesuque to help put up one of these "hoop houses" and decided we needed one. So now the planning is coming down to the "doing". It'll be put up in the old corrall on our property which is out the back door and across the yard... yesterday Gene and Del and Samantha (another extension agent) started working on putting the corner posts into the ground. Gene has been cutting and painting the posts with Dakota's help. I don't know all the details, but we've got folks coming from Las Vegas and Santa Fe and San Geronimo areas to help...not sure how many will eventually be here but it should be a fun day. I'm in charge of food...and pictures.
Started an album to store all the pictures and will add to it as we go along.Project Photos
Here is a short clip that shows the hoop house.
The sun is out and the snow is almost melted... here's a photo I took not 30 minutes ago....


Have a fun time on this project....have you started cooking yet? I hope the weather cooperates for you. We just got home from Leanne's wedding; it was a fun and busy weekend.
ReplyDeleteHave not started cooking yet...am planning on just getting the long sub sandwiches for lunch plus potato salad and who knows what else. Something chocolate I'm sure :)
ReplyDelete