Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Another Greenhouse




What…not enough space in the greenhouse??? Well, not exactly, although I will admit it has filled up a bit…lots of beans, squash, radishes, and tomatoes climbing to the ceiling, etc.
No, today Gene decided to paint the house. We picked a Hunter Green and started in - then realized it probably needs a primer so Saturday morning I'll head to town and get primer. Gene, of course, is up on the scaffolding (only when he admitted his life insurance was paid up!) Me? I'm down below watching and then going inside to get away from the mosquitoes. Yes, mosquitoes…we've had enough rain that those little buggers are out at times. Yuck yuck yuck!!! The whole house is not being painted…just that awful reddish color that all the wood and trim is painted. The first bucket of paint seemed like the right color until I tried it on a door frame and voila!! Turquoise ….I know it's the Color of the Year for 2010 but not on our house. So Gene went back into town and got the green… Looks great and will really change the look of the house. I did like the turquose but it didn't go with the light green roof. 


Guess what we're doing this weekend? Yes, painting!! Someday I'll quilt again.



1 comment:

  1. You guys are too ambitious! When I first glanced at this photo, I thought Gene was standing on the woodpile! Glad he's using scaffolding instead.....

    ReplyDelete