Heading to El Paso in June - why you ask? Well, I WON 2 TICKETS TO THE ANTIQUES ROADSHOW IN EL PASO. Oops, shouldn't shout about it...but I WON TWO TICKETS!! Had no idea I would get them, applied on-line a few months ago and found out today that the computer picked me. Whoooo hooooo. Gene is not going along...my friend, Jean, from Seattle, will be here visiting and extended her trip a day so that she can go with me. So exciting. I'm taking a hand-made Venetian lace tablecloth made 50-60 years ago (at least) by the great-great aunt of my friend in Venice, Italy. When we visited there, she gave it to us as a gift. Have always wanted to get it appraised and now I can. Not sure what else I'll take.....but this is so exciting!! And of course, between here and El Paso there are quilt shops for Jean and I to seek out.....girls' road trip. This is the second time I will have gone to the Roadshow. Gene and I went in Seattle and took the old rifle...it was fun and we liked the appraisal value of the gun. But almost more fun was meeting the people that come and seeing all the treasures. Whoopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Okay, Linda, calm down.....take a deep breath!!

No comments:
Post a Comment