So we took Reily to California and turned her back to CCI. It honestly was not as hard as I thought it would be...but that doesn't mean it wasn't hard. There are days now when I still just start to cry since I miss her so much. We have not heard anything from her :) since we left her other than a cute form letter they sent last week with a picture taken at graduation and telling us that her trainer is Becky and she's having fun. Her favorite thing is playtime! Figures. Our first training report will come on Friday, April 6th and we'll find out how she is doing. Every day without a phone call from Stu, the puppy program manager is a good day. He is the one who gets to call the puppy raisers and let them know their puppy is being released. I so do not want that call. So we keep our fingers crossed and say a prayer that she, and all the other NM pups, make it to graduation. Our trip out and back was good...some snow along the way and rain but mostly nice weather and good roads. It was so nice to see the ocean again and have good seafood. The CCI campus is beautiful and the dogs have a great place to live and train. Just up the hill from campus is the Mission San Luis Rey. It sparkles in the sunshine - beautiful white buildings and gorgeous green grass and lots of flowers.

So what else is new? Well, we puppy sat for awhile for Nina, her family went off to Colorado for spring break. Judy and I shared "custody" and wouldn't you know it, Nina went into heat while she was here so we had to take her to Santa Fe to the "convent". Her Mom had told us she hadn't been in heat yet and was not surprised when we told her. Sure hated to see that little girl have to go to yet another place while her family was gone. But Judy took her there and said she seemed fine with it....lots of dogs to play with and wonderful people to take care of her.
We have turned in our application for another puppy! Hoping for the end of August or so. Judy and I will both be getting another one -probably from the same litter. It's fun seeing them grow up together.
other things going on:
Finished a wall hanging for an auction at Susan and Stefan's kids school in California. It sold for $300 - which, of course, Susan and I thought was too cheap but hey, it's better than nothing. I had fun making it and it was really good therapy for me to have that as a project after Reily left. It was sort of an artsy-fartsy quilt, which is really outside my comfort zone but I was happy with how it turned out. The crosses were done on fabric using a picture that my brother took of the cross at the kids' school. I "Photoshopped" them and ended up with different colors and views. Appliqued lots of grapes and leaves etc from some fabric out of my stash and then embellished it with crystals. Fun but glad it's done.
So the latest quilt is also crosses - Las Cruces - a block of the month quilt. So far I have 4 blocks done plus have cut out all the background pieces for the rest of the blocks (12 total). Also cut out and have ready to applique all the border pieces.
Planning a trip to Minnesota in June/July. Gene will stay home with Levi and I'll drive up to visit friends/relatives etc. Going to the MN quilters show in Rochester first and then to the Cities and finally "up north" to the "lake". Can't wait.
Our dishwasher is finally installed as well as a new sink and faucet and the water is hooked up to the water dispenser/ice maker in the frig. Oh how wonderful to have that project done!! Today I celebrated by making bread and chocolate cake....so much easier to do when one does not have to wash all the dishes by hand!!
Off now to make corn chowder for supper. Way too domestic!





No comments:
Post a Comment