Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Bread - Company - Spanish

Looks like a busy week coming up.  Monday my Bread Baking course starts at Luna CC - this is a course thru the Culinary Arts program so it should be interesting to see who the other students are. I'm looking forward to it and to finding out how to alter my "sea level" recipes for this area. Plus, it's going to be fun to be back in a science class again...food science that is.  Been a lot of years since I took my foods and nutrition classes - wonder if I'll remember anything. 

Some of Gene's friend from Minnesota are arriving sometime on Monday. I've not met them but I'm sure we'll have a good time. The guys are going up to Whittington on Tuesday to shoot rifles and i can't go along - pout, pout.  Was going to go but Tuesday my Spanish classes start!  Oh well, they probably don't want me with them since I might show them up!! 

Joan and Paul are leaving Wednesday, I think, and for now, we have water and water pressure so hopefully they'll enjoy their stay with us. 

The weather has been really nice the last few days - today near 60 and wonderful. Snow is all gone and the seed catalogs are starting to arrive. But even though the sun is out a lot, I most likely will plant most things in May when the danger of frost is gone.  Gene starts his NM Master Gardener classes on Feb 8th so I'm counting on him to help me pick the best things to plant....

Off to get my book bag and notebook and pens and textbook ready for tomorrow.  It's like kindergarden all over again!! We'll see how the brain works after all these years... :):):)

3 comments:

  1. ¡Que emocionante! Buena suerte con tus estudios!
    ~La mama de Baxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember it may be a few years since you've been in a class, but it will always come back to you. I'm writing about the bread class - not Spanish. Like riding a bicycle....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I wish I could be there to taste your homework! Not the Spanish though.... Just take your friends to La Risa, and they won't notice if you have water problems. Those were the best tacos I've ever had!

    ReplyDelete