I went into town to do laundry this morning while the guys were doing the plumber bit and when I came home VOILA!!! H2O

Whilst in town, I also registered for a Bread Baking class at Luna CC thru their Culinary Arts dept. Since I'm a "senior citizen" (over 55) it only cost me $15 - of course the book cost $55.00. Should be a fun class....it's on Monday mornings from 9 a.m. - 12:20 p.m. Then on Tuesday and Thursday from 11-12 I have Spanish classes.. hopefully haven't signed up for more than I can handle but the hard part will be learning how to study again!! Maybe I'll open a bakery when I am done with this class....need a name for it - hmmm.. how about "Linda's Loaves"....!!!

I remember Mom making bread on Saturdays. Several of us neighborhood urchins would beg cookies from Mrs. Colberg, sweet rolls from Mrs. Helmstrom and whatever Tony's mother baked that week. Then we would arrive at home just as the last bread came out of the oven and that became lunch - hot bread with melted butter and a glass of cold milk. Of course, then I had to fill the woodbox because Mom had used all that I had brought in the night before to keep the kitchen warm to raise the dough and the stove hot to bake the bread, but that was OK, because the bread was wonderful. I can still remember the smell of the house on Saturday morning. I also remember sitting in a snowbank in the back yard eating lunch because Mom didn't want us dripping melting snow all over the kitchen. I think the neighborhood baking stopped about the time i was 12 or so, because I remember buying bread at the bakery about that time.
ReplyDeleteSo happy to be able to finally post a comment, Linda! Hope you and Gene are having a great weekend. How about those temps in MN?
ReplyDelete