Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cheering for the Dallas Cowboys

Well, the Vikings looked good today but then we had to do the unthinkable...cheer for the Cowboys to win.  And they did. I told Gene I was NOT cheering for the Cowboys, I was cheering for the Eagles to lose....there is a difference !!  For someone from Minnesota who "hates" the Cowboys this was  a real stretch.  But they won and the Vikes get a bye week.  And the Eagles and Cowboys play again next week at Dallas...guess that time I'll cheer for the Eagles. I remember my Mom always cheered against the Cowboys too, even when she lived in Texas.  She had a good friend who was a diehard Cowboys fan and the two of them, both wonderful ladies, wouldn't even talk on the days the Vikes and Cowboys played.  I know she is watching them to this day, hoping they'll win the SB. Course she probably knows if they will - we have to wait to find out.


About time to take the Christmas decorations down...especially the tree. It was nice to have a real tree for a change...and only $20 for an 8 ft spruce freshly cut.  Maybe I can wait till next weekend...isn't there something like the 12 Days of Christmas...oops, that means that Tuesday is the 12th day... it always looks so empty when the tree and other things get taken down and put away. Still receiving Christmas cards in the mail...although some of them are now New Year's cards... yup, it's time to undecorate.  After I settle in for a long winter's nap tonight!!.

2 comments:

  1. Our tree is nude except for the lights. Had them on last night again. Today the Fat Tree Lady sings.
    ~B's mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, now I should be able to post. I fully understand anon y mouse.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete