Still snowing... although I am tired of the snow and subsequent muddy roads, I am glad for the water that results. Our big tank has gone from approx 40% to over 60% in the last week and there is still more on the roof to melt.
I'm not sure where the last week has gone.... being retired is nice...who cares what day it is...although I'm busy on Mondays with my bread baking class at Luna CC and Gene started the Master Gardener training in Eldorado this past Monday evening. So we both have studying to do! It does seem like there is always something going on....of course, we spent Sunday watching the Superbowl - what a good game...and the right team won... at least we didn't have to suffer thru another Vikings' Superbowl loss..4 is enough. So it was fun to watch the Saints win in a well-played game.
Gene's den is nearly done...he's been hanging his taxidermy things and bows and arrows and stuff on the walls. It is amazing to see the transformation of that space. Gene and his helper, Dakota (son of one of our neighbors) painted the whole thing and it just needs to have the carpeting laid on the floor.
The Northwoods quilt is done...I have it hanging on our wall for a few more days and then it will get sent off to David and Carol when they are done painting etc at their house. Gives me a chance to show it off at Girl's Night Out that I'm hosting here on Tuesday.
Today is foggy - everything outside is covered in hoar frost and it really is beautiful but we are hoping the sun will come out and start to melt some of it. The UPS man couldn't get to our house yesterday so Gene had to meet him at the mailboxes. I guess UPS doesn't put 4-wheel drive on their big trucks. It's such fun living out in the country - always a new challenge or opportunity to keep us on our toes!!

Hmmmm And we have seen rhodies blooming here. The weather is strange......
ReplyDelete