Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bears

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted here. I don't think it's because I've been doing anything really interesting. Just working from 9-1 every day, taking care of my boys, planting a garden, hanging out in Albuquerque, etc.  Oh yeah, and waiting for the latest news about the neighborhood bear.


We have a lovely cinnamon bear who has been visiting the neighborhood....we have not had the pleasure of his company, yet, but several people have. He/she first appeared at Bill and Judy's where they found him sitting on their back porch after having eaten from the bird food or chicken food container...Several others have had him/her/it/them come around and go for the bee hives and a freezer in a garage. So far, we haven't seen or heard it. I sure hope someone doesn't decide to use real ammunition to shoot it...the DNR has been notified several times and we'll see if the problem gets worse or better.  They are just hungry...most folks are fine with it wandering around. You just need to keep the garbage inside and all that.  Our biggest concern is the greenhouse..hopefully the stuff growing in there is too healthy for them.

We had a great rainstorm this afternoon and evening...lots of water going into our tanks.... some thunder, which of course makes Levi run around like a crazy dog and bark. For awhile we thought there might be hail but doesn't seem to have been a problem.

So that's about it for now. Gunga Din is back on the road after some 'surgery' and I need to go and iron the fabric I had to bring back from SW Decoratives in Albuquerque. Am going to teach a quilt class on June 5th at Threadbear. It'll be the quilt pattern that the choir folk and friends used to make all the quilts for Russia a couple years ago. I may have to do two classes as there is a lot of interest - we are donating them to Project Linus. Since i have never taught a quilt class before ... should be another interesting adventure.  

This is a photo of the sky from our deck after the storm...blue sky surrounded by great clouds.

3 comments:

  1. Keep Levi away from the bear, OK? Glad to hear you're teaching and sharing the choir pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pic of the sky--I love the sky above our area, too, inda. I like to gaze at clouds. It's so cold here in western WA that only the potatoes are up and growing. I disobeyed Cisco (remember Cisco Morris, on tv? ooh la la!!!) and put three tomato plants out before June and they are just sitting there, looking disconsolate. I bet you don't have slugs in NM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No slugs in NM...at least not in our part of it. I was just thinking about them the other day and being so glad to not have to deal with that problem. It's 81 here today and sunny.

    ReplyDelete