Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Black Tie and Blue Jeans

Wow, it's almost New Year's Eve. I need to find something to wear to the ball! We are going out to the Black Tie and Blue Jeans Ball at the Plaza Hotel. Gene, I think is wearing blue jeans and his tuxedo jacket...me? who knows....I think I need the help of Stacey and Clinton. Should be fun....dinner at 6 then all sorts of entertainment and dancing and all that with breakfast at midnight...or whatever you call a midnight meal. Pretty late night for us old folks. I believe I heard Gene say that we could have dinner, hang around for awhile, go home and take a nap and then go back for the midnight party. NOT!!!

Christmas was nice....quiet but nice. Our Christmas Eve service was lovely and the soloist was fabulous. I was one of the readers for the Service of Lessons and Carols and chose to read from the King James version of the Bible.... so traditional...wish everyone had read that version but each reader was able to choose which version they wanted. We went to Karyl and Patrick's for dinner on Christmas Day....managed to pretty much watch my diet but have to admit that there were some good foods there...

Reily is still enchanting us with her antics. She is growing quickly and some days we think she much older than she is...only 5 1/2 months. Then she does the silly puppy things and we are reminded that she is still a baby. Boy, can she snore!! Loves the snow and teasing Levi. Now that she is over 5 months, she can go places with us. Took her to work one day last week and she even went into the sanctuary and behaved like a perfectly trained dog. Wow, there is hope!!

I've started quilting again...got the sewing cabinets all set up and the machines in place. Learning to use the Viking and loving it (of course my Bernina is still easier to use since I have been sewing on it for so long). Ordered a walking foot for the Viking and that will really help with the quilting. Going to do some gifts for the kids in California - dress for McKenna and pillow cases for David. Haven't done any garment sewing for ages so I guess I'll have to learn that all over again. Feels good to get the machines cranked up once more.

Gene's been busy getting the raised beds ready in the greenhouse. He's done some work on the drip irrigation system and the soil etc. Planning on starting to plant in mid-February. I have to admit I have not been up to the g.h. to see it recently - he enjoys being in there too as the temperature is wonderful inside....mid 80's the other day with the sun shining. The roof survived our 22 inches of snow although he was a bit worried but all is well.


Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

  1. How about one of your choir tour dresses with the same hat on your header? Maybe you could fashion some long fingerless gloves from jeans fabric?

    Wish we could have a sew=9n to practice with our Vikings! (Your's must be named Minnie Sota!) You will like the quilting foot. I am still trying to find my long screw for it though.

    I spent the wee hours of Christmas and then some, in Urgent Care. See my blog for details...not fun. (As you know.....)

    Happy New Year to the both of you. I love your Ma and Pa Kettle header! LOL

    ReplyDelete