| Levi the Magnificent |
Weather here has been gorgeous...near 70 or above the last couple of days....no snow or rain (we would like some of that) and sunshine and our famous New Mexico blue skies. Hard to believe that Christmas is next week. And no, I don't have the cards mailed or shopping done.
Reily continues to grow up...she was 5 months old last Saturday. Now she can officially go with us everywhere since she's had all her shots and is good about not pottying in "inappropriate places". Ojai stopped by the office yesterday to visit which was fun. Reily has not been to work with me for awhile but we'll take her in one day at least this week. She's so pretty and sweet.....still has her "moments" however.
Work is going fine and I'm feeling stronger every day. If I need a nap when I come home, I take one and go to bed early if I feel like it. The medication for the diabetes seems to be doing it's job well and I'm getting better at picking the right foods to eat. Even cooked a turkey breast in the crockpot on Sunday and made turkey stock out of the leftovers so I can make soup for us. So domestic. Yuck.
Am reorganizing my sewing room....took out a couple of old tables and have replaced them with the marvelous Koala cabinets that were Carol's. They are spectacular and I am so blessed to have her sewing machine, serger and now these cabinets. Course, I'd rather have her still with us, but having these things makes it feel like she is with me. Plus her pink straw hat hangs in my studio too. Several projects in the plans...one "puppy" quilt for one of the CCI puppy raisers in ABQ, a Spanish Cross embroidery for the "cross" wall in the living room (needs to be quilted), and of course there are those always present UFO's, or works in progress. Got enough of those to last all winter.
Off to bed now....it's not really my bedtime here yet but it is somewhere in the world!!
And to think you left our splendid rain for all that sunshine.... Koala cabinets are the best! I just love mine. Glad you're feeling better!
ReplyDelete