Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Waiting for the UPS Man

It's fun to live in a place where the UPS guy knows your name and the name of your dogs. That's Las Vegas.....  one day he came into the office with a delivery and said "Oh, I think I have something for you going to your home address...let me check"....and he did and he left it with me at work.  Small town.

Today I am waiting for him to bring our new bread machine (as opposed to an old bread machine :) ).....yup, finally broke down and bought one. The cost of bread in the store is ridiculous and all you get is air and a little flour anyway. So after 'letting' my brother do all the research and try it out for a few weeks, I bought the same model.  Should be interesting to see how the thing works here at altitude...might have to make some adjustments but what a fun thing to experiment with.  So we're waiting...and waiting....where is the guy?

Been a few weeks since I've written anything in this blog....we've been busy I guess and took a trip to Texas for a week and generally just hanging out!  Met some friends from Seattle in Canyon Lake TX (in the hill country) and spent a week seeing some of the sights.
We would have seen more of the sights but all of us got the flu while we were there. Took turns...so we really only had one day that we were all well and out and about together. Oh boy...what a trip. But we did get to wander around Fredericksburg a bit and see the Nimitz Museum and the Museum of the Pacific War (WWII) and stop at a winery and also the LBJ Ranch. Gene was sick the day we headed to San Antonio so he missed the Alamo and 6 million people who were there the same day - Spring break time!! I managed to not get sick until we had left and headed home .... now I can list all the rest stops with potties and the McDonald's between here and San Antonio......no, McDonald's stops were not for food....it was awful. Gene and I stayed in Carlsbad on Friday night and were planning on seeing the caverns Saturday morning but no way i was heading down into the ground. So we drove home and recuperated.  Some day we'll go back!  It was good to spend time with Jim and Linda but we all would rather it had been a little "healthier" that week. But I did end up with three new cookbooks...my other addiction.

No UPS guy yet......

While we're waiting: 


 
Did you hear about the blonde that was sniffing saccharine?

She thought it was diet coke

No comments:

Post a Comment