I'm having a hard time remembering that I was actually on vacation for a month.....now that I'm back at work and taking care of Gene and Levi (ha ha), it's getting harder to remember that wonderful feeling of freedom and the open road! But I do remember mosquitoes. Finally getting most of my purchases stashed away and all the clothes washed. We've had rain lately, too, which is good. Today it rained very nicely for about an hour.....sure can tell the difference in the humidity....but we loved it and spent most of that hour sitting on the porch watching the rain water the gardens and listening to it come down into the gutters and then pipes to the water tanks. That is one sound everyone around here loves. Can even see grass coming back in the yard.....I really thought it was all dead....maybe by the time Michele arrives we'll have lawn again. For now, the weeds are really green!
You did have a vacation; I saw you!) We had thunder and lightning and hail here last week; it was crazy. Jill told us yesterday that Daniel contracted lyme disease in MN. Hope the antibiotics take care of it. Enjoy your rain!
ReplyDelete