So what does "Reboot" have to do with this week? Well, when a computer doesn't work, first thing I do is reboot. When my car doesn't work...who would think of rebooting...but that's sort of what Beaver Toyota did with the Rav4 this week. When I got home last Saturday, Gene said our mechanic still could not fix the problem and that the car needed a new transmission to the tune of ~$3500......oy vey! That news was enough to ruin the vacation....I felt awful and not really sure where that money would come from. So I just had to say my prayers and ask for some guidance thru this issue. I decided to search the internet and see what the going rate was for a new transmission for my car. Found a site for Rav4 owners and oh, my gosh - discovered there was a recall of my car due to a faulty Engine Control Module (computer). Evidently the ECM sends wrong messages to the transmission so it does not work correctly. The recall/service bulletin info was all over the web and the symptoms were exactly what mine was doing......and after the first notices went out, Toyota extended the warranties on the ECM to 10 years or 150,000 miles. YES!! there was my solution.....so when we took the Prius (I love that car) back to BT in Santa Fe on Tuesday, I told them about the Rav4. They knew exactly what I was talking about, said to bring it in (they paid for the tow) and they'd fix it no charge!!! Whooooo Hoooooo.......so on Thursday a.m. it was taken from LV to SF and by Friday morning it was fixed. New ECM and it is wonderful. I also had them fix the auto door lock that was not working, which of course cost a little bit of money. But now I have my girl back and working like new. God did answer that prayer!! Not sure why our mechanic didn't figure this out, but I knew when he first started working on it that it was the transmission.....but all's well and I'm not really blaming him. And Beaver Toyota folks were fabulous to work with.
![]() |
| Two CCI Puppies in their first capes (CCI Photo) |
So it's been an "interesting" week...took a couple of days to get back into the swing of things at work....on Monday I couldn't remember my computer password...thankfully there was a hint for it....duh! And jet-lag overtook me a couple of nights and I went to bed at 9:00. But now things are working better all around. And the new box of freezer paper is behaving so even quilting is good......lots of projects to work on. But for today, wash clothes, rugs, get puppy paraphernalia organized and clean the bathroom. Ugh...I think I'd rather be on vacation.

Glad to hear you made it home OK! And that your car is fixed. Clever of you to do some research. Have you figured out your first project using the goodies from your trip? My vote would be the embroidery..... It's finally turned decent here! Hurrah! Lots of yardwork though.
ReplyDeleteHi Judy.....first project is a wool embroidery candle mat.....have all the thread for the Snowman quilt....need to check my stash for block backgrounds.....enjoy summer in Seattle..,could you email me that picture of the 4 of us at the tarn shop? Thanks!!
ReplyDelete