anyway, we're still here in New Mexico and getting ready to head to California in 4 1/2 weeks to turn Cheyenne back to CCI. She arrived just yesterday it seems, with her green ear and sharp teeth. The green dye wore off and the teeth got replaced by big girl teeth and she's grown into a beauty. Have to admit I've not done as good a job of training her as I planned to, but she's pretty well adjusted and a happy girl. She's also one dang smart puppy so I think with the professional training, she might do ok. If she doesn't want to be an assistance dog, she will come back to us and sleep on the bed and/or couch and be our pet.
It's going to be hard to give her up.....this time Gene will get to hand over the leash to CCI and I'll be the one crying. Levi is still with us....going to be 15 years old on April 15th....he's deaf and doesn't see real well, but still eats everything he's given and is our sweetie. I wish I could give him back his eyesight and hearing but all we can do is keep him safe and fed and loved. He and Cheyenne get along great and he'll miss her too.
Work is continuing at the church and we are very close to hiring a new pastor. I've been on the search committee and we think we may have found our candidate. Sure hope so. It's been very interesting and fun but we're ready to hire someone and get on with life. The new pastor will be my boss so I have a real interest in who we hire. Looks good at the moment and we're hping to have an decision in the next month or so.
Working on a king-sized quilt for my nephew, Chris. He asked me to make it as his thank-ytou present for a friend of his who lost all of their family quilts in Katrina. Lots of work but I think it'll be spectacular when it's done.
So,now we're sort of up to date....will try to keep it that way.





No comments:
Post a Comment