Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

Summertime and the Living is HOT

Moose Lake Landing - BWCAW - 
Hot hot hot.....95 today...again....have had quite a bit of rain lately so things are green and growing but we need more...soon.....doesn't take long for the heat and wind to dry things out.

leaving in the morning for Minnesota and my class reunion. Gene is staying home until mid-July and then will join me "up north" for a ocuple of weeks. Our house-sitters will take care of Levi and the house so that is a good thing. Not looking forward to the long drive but will take my time and enjoy my new car.

Yup, after 12 years my 2003 Rav4 got traded in for a new RED Rav4. It's bigger than the old one but gets about the same mileage. Has a nav system and my phone is all connected. Not that I make a lot of calls when driving....even talking "hands-free" is a distraction but I do love the satelitte radio....no more country western stations that seem to proliferate in the Midwest. I can listen to Willie's Roadhouse ocassionally though but love the oldies, broadway, classical, etc choices.

So, my travels will be updated at the "travel-blog".....http://hometotherange.blogspot.com/  This is the blog I wrote for the last trip up north, just updating it. For those folks who care.....mostly it's for me so I can remember what I did when and who I visited with....can't trust the memory!!

Happy Trails to You!

No comments:

Post a Comment